martes, 1 de octubre de 2013

My Favorite TV show

My favorite TV series is a teen drama soap opera called Dawson's Creek

It's a show about four teenagers living in a small town called Capeside (It's a fictional place) and dealing with the issues of real life like romance, betrayal, mistrust and some ethical dilemmas that I don't going to describe you because it would spoil some important parts of the plot. Let's just say it has a lot reveals and everyone of those are shocker than the last one.

Characters:
Dawson Leery (James Van Der Beek), a young filmmaker who wants to become the next Steven Spielberg and is helped by his best friends.
Joey Potter (Katie Holmes), a girl who lives with his older sister because her mother dies and has some feelings for Dawson.
Pacey Witter (Joshua Jackson) a very talented and smart guy who is treated by everyone else except his friends like an idiot.
Jen Lindley (Michelle Williams) a girl from New York that lives with her grandmother who is christian and tries to take her on the right way.

Oddly enough, I discovered this show, well... while I was watching another show. I saw a South Park episode called "Trapper Keeper" where one of the mayor plot points involved a computerized Dawson's Creek Trapper Keeper who conquers the world in the future (Don't ask, It's South Park). And then I remember I saw a promo of reruns of the show on MTV and then I said to myself: "Well Dawson's Creek, hit me with your best shot, show me what's the best thing you can do" and literally I got attracted by the first episode because it was THAT good.

So... What I like about this show? the writing. This doesn't feel like any other teen show I saw in the past. The situations feel so real and the characters are very identifiable. And also is very unpredictable, you can love or hate a character for the things that he or she do but in the next episode you can completely change your thoughs. Overall it's a great show.

1 comentario: